Valentine’s Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Our one true love has been with us through thick and thin, through the high times, celebrations and more importantly been supportive during the sadder, darker times. There to comfort us, it never judges and always lends an ear. No, we’re not talking about husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends/wives….we’re of course talking about BROWNIES! It’s been one of the longest relationships we’ve had, so this Valentine’s Day we’ll be whipping up a batch of Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies, and if our nearest and dearest are really lucky we might just share them…
250g good quality dark chocolate (we used Lindt)
100g plain flour
220g caster sugar
4 large eggs
40g cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
200g cream cheese
30g caster sugar
100g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Grease and line an 8×8 inch baking tin.
3. Gently melt the chocolate and butter with the pinch of salt in a saucepan. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
4. In another bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until light, fluffy and double in size. Carefully fold this mixture into the chocolate keeping in as much air as possible. Fold in the flour, cocoa, walnuts and baking powder.
5. Pour into the baking tin.
6. Whisk the cream cheese and caster sugar. With a spoon mix in the raspberries, mashing them a little as you mix. Spoon this mixture onto your brownie mix, you can swirl as you go.
7. Bake for around 35 minutes or until the top is firm and an inserted skewer comes out clean from the centre. Cool, transfer to board, cut and serve warm.